Monday, April 24, 2017

Monday, April 24

Got up at 5 a.m. Could not sleep any more. I got my snuggly-long sleeved top on and listened to the remainder of my audio book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime.  I am glad it had a happy ending.  I had GF Lucky Charms for breakfast, then  I washed my hands with Mary's toothpaste.   It was in a pump container just like hand soap! My hands were minty clean. We caught the train to Osan.  We went to the money exchange, so I could get some local won to spend at Dungdaemun tomorrow, We took photos with angel wings, as we walked back to the station at Songtan.  Although, parts of some communities are not that clean/tidy, I like the magical child-like artwork that seems sprinkled here and there along the way, such as the train painting in the alley way and the angel wings bench.
     After we returned to Suwon, we walked to the E-mart.  It was magical and I managed to purchase only three things, one being a pair of much needed scissors.  I found a small pillow.  I was walking around with it, when I found this bin in the aisle way, with big body pillows, that had either penguins or polar bears on them.  They were so soft!  Mary and I were admiring them, when two older Korean ladies came up and did the same thing.  One looked at me and said something about my little pillow.  Mary said, "Eggy means baby."  I just held it to my chest and said I love it, and the two ladies and Mary all laughed.  It was a fun moment.  
    The stuff they have at the E-mart is the same kinds of thing in the US, but they have different designs and more artful.  They have the best kid stuff and school supplies!  We walked back to Suwon AB where I am inspecting a building.  My feet were killing me.  We chilled at Mary's digs for the rest of the day.  We watched some You Tube videos and a couple movies.  We watched "Kiki's Delivery Service" and "Kubo and the Two Strings." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Tuesday, May 25 -going to Dongdaemun textile & craft market!

I made myself stay in bed this morning until 5:50 a.m..  Got up showered, washed hair, brushed teeth, etc. Got things organized and put the ...